» Great Lakes Dragaway Pit Vehicle Policy
Pit Vehicle Policy
Paraphrased from the policies of others.
Last updated April 28th 2010
- All motorized pit/auxiliary vehicles (autos, golf carts, ATVs, etc.) will be governed by the following rules.
GLD reserves the right to restrict or deny the use of any pit vehicle.
- The following motorless vehicles may not be ridden anywhere on the grounds:
- Roller Blades
- Push Scooters (the kind you propel by pushing the ground with your foot)
- Pit vehicles may be used for necessary transportation only.
- The speed limit on the return road is 15mph, everywhere else is 5mph.
- All operators must be at least 16 years old, have a valid driver's license, and must be covered by adequate liability insurance applicable to the operation of the pit vehicle.
- All operators shall provide proof of such insurance, a driver's license, and any other applicable credentials upon request of a GLD official.
- All pit vehicles must be operated in compliance with the manufacturer's operating instructions. (i.e. no riding on an area of the pit vehicle that was not designed to be sat on.)
- Pit vehicles may be used after racing has completed for the day.
- Vehicles operated after sunset must have adequate headlights.
- Unsafe or improper operation of the pit vehicles, or any violation of regulations and instructions, may, at the sole discretion of GLD, result in the pit vehicle being confiscated for the duration of the event, or ejection of the offenders without refund.
- GLD reserves the right to amend, modify or add to these rules at any time, at GLD's sole discretion. In all cases, GLD's decision will be final.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.